I have a 2010 VW GTI . How do I reset TPMS light on dash ?

Asked by Apr 26, 2014 at 10:11 PM about the 2010 Volkswagen GTI 2.0T PZEV 2dr

TPMS light blinks for about a minute then stays solid . No reset button in glove box .

Scott Sr.

How 'bout airing up the tires, eh? You might be simply underpressurized. When pressure is right (per info plate in door jamb), the light should extinguish.

Hector Irizarry Duval

the pressure has to be equally in all tires and sometimes the spare too and see the table in the door or fuel door to see the correct pressure. if the light doesn't go read the codes maybe a sensor is faulty.

Nick Eidemiller

Look in the owners manual.

The light is reset in the instrument cluster, In the mfi. Go to tire pressure and hit reset. If that does not fix it you may have an issue with the system aka the sensor or module.

Never had computer code light problems until recently. I have same problem after spending mucho money on another code problem related to replacing the plastic intake manifold. Funny how a few days later I get the TPMS indicator. All tires are fine. To be sure, I drove around the whole week and checked pressures..all good, including the spare. Still, TPMS light blinks for a minute and stays on. As for jgolder: Not in mifi on 2010 VW GTI. It figures the next year model has tire reset button in glove compartment. Instead, I get to spend more money at the dealer for something stupid and risk further malicious code sabotage. I am hating this car. ERRRR VW!

By the way, all pressures were fine at 35 lbs. I increased to 37 lbs just to maybe allow some kind of change to possibly make the stupid light go away. The owners manual says to take the car to the dealer. Appears to be sensor/module problem. I have no idea how much they will take me for such a silly problem. So, I will live with it "as is" until I get too damn frustrated with this car and decide to sell. I have this thing called "work" and I don't have time for this. May look into completely disconnecting some of these ridiculous dash warning lights.

Scott Sr.

Try 40 psi...

Funny you should say that, my wife said the same thing...just did....how about 42 psi. All tires. Drove around a few miles...still have problem. Will shout back if it works but I doubt it.

Googled around...think I will try all what's left which is the "disconnect the negative battery cable" technique.

Reading into VCDS VagCom. Looks to be worth getting to get around dash light problems and dealer/car mechanic ripoffs. I have had my share of wasting money in "fixing" dash lights over the years-from useless O2 sensors (no value in the US besides the Peoples Republic of California) to recent intake manifold nonsense (whereby VW decided that plastic is the premium selected material whereby a flap will stick which has no value in engine performance to begin with but will signal up to 7 codes and turn on the 'check engine' light for you and will cost you $800 to replace).

Lee Clausnitzer

Worked for me, ignition on, e-brake engaged for I think 20 minutes then drive for I think it said ten minutes over 16 mph. Snap-on scanner.

Run the pressure up on all tires to more than spec - say 45 lbs. Check the TPMS warning light (ignition on) - it should be off. Now go let air out of all tires back down to the correct pressure. Light should stay off now.

Scott Sr.

Don't forget the 10 minute drive-around...