No power from battery

Asked by Mar 06, 2016 at 02:32 PM about the 1969 Lincoln Continental 2 Dr Coupe

Battery is good. It sat for a couple months while I
was replacing the alternator. I have everything
hooked up the same way it came out but when I
went to start it I get one initial click when I turn the
key for the first time after putting the battery in,
then nothing. I am not getting power to lights or
any other electric functions. I cleaned up all the
connections as well. Not really sure what it is, any
help would be appreciated.

241,185

How do you know it is good? How old is it? What is the voltage? Should be 12.3V , 12V and under, time to replace. I use a battery tender on my batteries if the car sits more than a couple weeks.

Car has been on a battery tender. It's less than 6 months old and has been starting the car fine. Trust me it's not the battery.

18,790

If you are positive that it is not the battery then it has to be the starter. Try tapping on starter with a hammer while trying to start vehicle at the same time if vehicle starts replace starter if no start most likely the starter solinoid.

I was initially thinking that but would either keep it from getting power to the rest of the electrical system such as lights, seats, ect?

18,790

If loose connection at starter solinoid could cause your problem.

I have cleaned and tightened all the connections but I'll look into it again. Thanks