Battery drain

Asked by Sep 13, 2015 at 12:07 PM about the 1999 Lincoln Continental

I have had the alt bench tested ...ok   Had battery tested...ok  Checked fuses with multi meter found radio was bad fuse.  Removed fuse.   Still have draw draining battery overnight.  Any ideas ?

115,095

Take the meter you have and you will need to test each circuit in the fuse panel to see which circuit is drawing power..

Might be the ignition switch. The battery in my 2002 model kept draining, mechanics couldn't ID the problem due to it being some intermittent thing. Yesterday I took my key out of ignition switch and the chime still went off when I opened the door (as if key was still in switch). I noticed that if I pushed up on the switch where key is inserted the chiming would go away. I took a strong rubber band and rigged it to pull up on the switch. Battery stayed charged through the night and much of today whereas before it would very likely be dead over this period of time. Being I just figured this out yesterday I'm not yet confident this is the cause. Fingers crossed. I hope this helps someone out.

I have a 2001 Lincoln continental. I purchased it in 2003. It also has a slow draw. New battery, altinator, recent tune up. Tester shows up nothing wrong with car, Before I go pulling every fuze, can anyone tell me of a relay or... that is common to go bad and cause a slow draw. Thank you all, Ronald