shut off the check suspension light

Asked by Apr 06, 2010 at 05:10 PM about the 2003 Lincoln Navigator Premium 4WD

How Do you shut off the check suspension light after you replace the air suspension system

100

I cant quite remember how we took care of that on my Navigator. I know when we ordered our conversion kit from Strutmasters it came with instructions on all of the install procedures and the ride light. Strutmasters has great customer service and they helped me when I had any issues with my kit. I would call them. Good luck.

210

Are you saying that you converted to springs, or repaired the air bag system? If you repaired the air bag system, contact the dealer where you purchased the parts. If you converted to springs, contact the distributor that you purchased the conversion kit from. When I convert Navigators, I just put a piece of black electrical tape over the "air bag light".

270

STRUTMASTER HAS SPAMMED EVERY SITE THAT HAS ASKED THE QUESTION ON HOW TO KILL THE " CHECK SUSPENSION " LIGHT ON NAVIGATORS. HERE'S A SOLUTION FOR 98 NAVIGATORS AND SIMILAR. BUY COIL SPRINGS FOR A 98 EXPEDITION FROM THE JUNK YARD FOR ABOUT $140 FOR THE PAIR, NON-AIR SHOCKS FOR $80 PAIR FROM AUTOZONE AND YOUR DONE! I NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM A COMPANY THAT SPAMS IT'S PRODUCT ON HELP SITES BY USING PHONEY ENDORSEMENTS LIKE THE ONES ABOVE. AND ONE LAST THING, IT IS TRUE THAT YOUR RIDE WILL BE MORE TRUCK LIKE AFTERWARDS, BUT A FEW HUNDRED POUNDS OF TOOLS IN THE BACK WILL SOFTEN THE RIDE AND WILL BE A LOT SAFER THEN HAVING YOUR SUSPENSION GO OUT AT 60MPH WHILE HAULING AROUND YOUR KID AND 4 OF HIS FRIENDS

130

Or better yet, just buy the kit from Monroe. The kit has everything you need and cost $240. Strutmaster wanted $700. It rode very good after conversion.

70

i agree with jimboknows the kit from monroe 2 springs and 4 shocks (front coilovers to compensate for the air springs) you get all sensatrac shocks for a lower price then if you had bought them sepratly and only take a couple hours in the driveway. bam your done and you dont need to be a mechanic either. ahaynes or chilton manual on changing springs n shocks and anyone can do it

1,580

Here are the instructions on how to disable the ck suspension warning light. http://www.suncoreindustries.com/instructions/53F-30-R.pdf

110

To Mr I'm better than everyone else because I keep wasting money on replacing my air shocks...... Springs are way more reliable and safer.....

20

I have had mine for over 7 yrs 102,000mi. the key is wipe down the bag periodically with silicon or tire dressing to moisturize the rubber and prevent dry rot. Once or twice a year fully extend the suspension and wipe the grime away and reapply! Simple task...I plan on converting to lower and enhance with performance springs...the airbags handle like grandpa's station wagon!

200

Why does air supenion keep saying off

70

I replaced bag and strut , solenoid but front passenger works but goes down when parked Where do I find Monroe conversion kit for 240.00

185

There's a big difference between the older 1998 system and the newer 2003 system. Not just in design, but in price. Remember the old saying...."you get what you pay for"? That definitely pertains to this subject. If you look at the pic, you'll see one of the kits recommended earlier.....and it's NOT Strutmasters. Btw, to kill the "check suspension" message on a 2003, you'll need a suspension light cancel module....also available here: http://www.americanairsuspension.com/Lincoln-Navigator-Air- Suspension-Conversion-03-06-p/0306navp.htm

110

You do not need a module or to spend money. You can clip the power line at the module or leave the solenoids plugged in (without the air hooked up)

30

can a 03 expidition run on a rear air system only

10

I replaced mine with Air Ditcher springs and shocks. Much cheaper and to get the light off I just turned the air switch back on up under the right front kick plate.

10

TOOLS NEEDED. 1. 7MM Socket ratchet or screwdriver style 2. flat head screw driver 3.flash light 4.optional small mirror it helpful to look at the plugs if you don't want to remove half of the dash board first, turn off the suspension switch and negative ground on the battery. remove the center top dash panel. you can see the suspension module, it's on top of the radio. but even if you remove the radio you can't access the plugs, because the plugs of the module is at the back. just cut that green wire that you can see on the white plug. Note: it's the "green" wire from the white plug. don't be fooled by others saying it's the gray plug. there is no gray plug there, only black and white. and you're done once you cut that green wire, secure both ends with electrical tape. Don't forget to turn on the suspension switch, that way you still get to use the steering assist feature.

20

After a lot of digging for the answer to the aforementioned question, I've come to the conclusion that the only way to disable the notification is to steal the old solenoids from the old air shocks and plug the electrical wire back into them and zip tie them out of the way and switch the system back on