Audi TT won't start

Asked by May 22, 2016 at 09:34 AM about the 2002 Audi TT

My Audi TT 2002 refuses to start.
Works fine to go to work come home from
work fine , then if I go out again in evening
won't start until the next day. Also last
week got in my car am for work and
wouldn't start. Been to the garage no fault
codes showing just had the crankshaft
sensor replaced, worked for 4 days and
the same thing has happened

NO codes, why replace the CPS camshaft position sensor? (low power?) oscilloscope show bad wave pattern? Check the pattern on the CKP crankshaft position sensor. Many times it won't trigger code P0321 ignition distributor engine speed input circuit range/performance... inspect the connector on it. whats the fuel pressure at the fuel rail?

I have same problem. Just cranks and cranks but no start. I also just replaced the cps and still no start. Getting great fuel pressure at rail. It was running fine one day then the next not. I have a 2003 Audi TT Quattro and I am dealing with this problem. The other day it had trouble starting like it was out of fuel, but I just put some in. Then the next day it ran fine, day after that it took about 4 sec of cranking to start but started. Drove to a friends house and when I tried to start it again it wouldn't. At first I was not getting any fuel, pump wasn't coming on, so I took it out thinkin it was bad put it to the battery and it worked. Put it back in and it is now getting fuel to the rail with good pressure but still would not start but I can hear and feel it come on and the rail is getting fuel. I then had someone try to replace the crank position sensor and they pulled the three wires out off the clip that plugs into the sensor. I did the work after that. I replaced the sensor and still won't start. But when I first reattached the wires back I think I mixed the wires up. They are black white and brown. I'll post a pic. But can someone tell me what's goin on? Did I mess the sensor up by wiring it wrong, or would wiring it back right fix the problem? I need help my car refuses to start. Cranks all day tho. I heard this is a common problem