Audi TT issues

Asked by Apr 30, 2016 at 10:39 AM about the 2000 Audi TT 1.8T Coupe FWD

I have a 99 Audi TT , long story short ! Car was
running fine , furled it up and it started missing and
running very rough , to the point it would stall after
approx 1-2 km if Id sit and wait 10 mins it would run
ok but eventually stall again , like it was out of fuel.
Ended up having to get towed to a mechanic ...
Think they had no idea  so new coils , new fuel
filter , new MAF sensor 3 months in the shop and
the car is still not going. Mechanics advised maybe
a fuel pump   so I purchased 2 ..... Yes 2 and was
told they don't fit and they can't do it  next call
was come get your car we can't fix it !!!! So I picked
it up old pump put back 2 other pumps in boxes
and a car that still doesn't run right ....... Please help
me !

Sorry fuelled it up and well over $1000 later

13,885

Wow, in the US this guy would be flogged! Send me a ticket I'd love to service it while on vacation. before you change out the fuel pump with a spare check the fuel pressure! Do you have any stored DT codes?

1,790

I wooul try to find a good mechanic that specializes in European cars, one u can trust, even look him up on Google for complaints, see wat people say bout him. Take someone who knows cars with you to ask questions of what he will do to eliviate problem. By the way do you know cars or work on them, i'm assuming not?

@ Micbek , that's the hard part Ive now recently moved to Sydney from the country and don't know if any mechanics let alone trust worthy ones !! I know a little about cars unfortunately, can and do small jobs ie checking and replacing fluids, cleaning MAF sensor etc but that's ab my limit on this car , thanks though , will keep searching for the right mechanic

85

I have a 2003 Audi TT Quattro and I am dealing with this problem. The other day it had trouble starting like it was out of fuel, but I just put some in. Then the next day it ran fine, day after that it took about 4 sec of cranking to start but started. Drove to a friends house and when I tried to start it again it wouldn't. At first I was not getting any fuel, pump wasn't coming on, so I took it out thinkin it was bad put it to the battery and it worked. Put it back in and it is now getting fuel to the rail with good pressure but still would not start but I can hear and feel it come on and the rail is getting fuel. I then had someone try to replace the crank position sensor and they pulled the three wires out off the clip that plugs into the sensor. I did the work after that. I replaced the sensor and still won't start. But when I first reattached the wires back I think I mixed the wires up. They are black white and brown. I'll post a pic. But can someone tell me what's goin on? Did I mess the sensor up by wiring it wrong, or would wiring it back right fix the problem? I need help my car refuses to start. Cranks all day tho. I heard this is a common problem

I have the same problem with my 2000 Audi TT and the same symptoms. Any Solution found yet? My Mechanic is out of guesses...