Ok so I have a 93 mercury capri that has no spark. I have replaced the distributor and checked for loose wires and can find none. I let is sit for a few day and it started up ran for a little while and died then would not restart. I am wondering if this is an ECM issue. I have power to the could and coming out but no spark from there it also has fuel. So what tells the distributor to fire? I would assume the ECM? So any advice would be nice.

Asked by Oct 07, 2013 at 02:21 AM about the 1993 Mercury Capri 2 Dr STD Convertible

Contact me at virgil@drinktwobaldguys.com

25

Check your battery voltage to the distributor. If that's doesn't seem to be the problem it could be your timing belt isn't turning the distributor or you could just have a defective igniter/pickup coil

The distributor is turning. And voltage is present.