Why does my car stall at stop signs and redlights? It doesnt happen all the time but seems to be getting worse, cleaned the throttle body and ran better for a day or so then started acting up again T

Asked by Apr 10, 2014 at 09:25 AM about the Mercury Capri

Have cleaned the throttle body and put fuel injector cleaner in it. It ran better for a day and
then started doing it again and its getting more frequent and takes her longer to start back
up. Could there be junk in my tank that is clogging something. It sat in NY for a few years.
It has 110,000 miles on it. Please help!

285

I assume that it runs with full power , just has idle problem . i had the idle speed control valve go bad . Absolutely make you have no vaccum leak any were . There are dozens of other reason. The air flow van in the throttle body may also shut off fuel pressure .

We did check for vaccum leaks and found none, my idle is only at 500, could this be why? Yes it runs fine otherwise.

285

advance the timing a little bit . Mine runs better with 5 degrees more