i to was driving & the car quit. changed plug wires,cap,rotor & distributor. still get no spark out of coil does any body know what it could be & with stator is there a way to adjust in case for some

Asked by Jul 26, 2015 at 05:25 PM about the 1991 Mercury Capri 2 Dr STD Convertible

car not starting, no fire off coil! power to coil just doesn't fire

30

Pull the distributor cap off and see if the rotor is turning when you try the starter. If it turns, check the primary and secondary windings on the coil with an ohm meter. If coil is good, check the magnetic pickup coil in the distributor with an ohm meter. Another possibility is your timing belt has jumped or broken; taking off the cover of the belt will allow you to see the belt, but if the rotor in the distributor is not turning, the belt has failed..

Best Answer