I need to know the fuel pressure from the pump to the firewall filter

60

Asked by Oct 07, 2012 at 10:26 AM about the 1992 Mercury Capri Convertible FWD

The car ran great. Pulled in driveway and shut off. When I tried to start it, it sputtered and kept misfiring and had little power and would hardly idle. I had to keep RPM's at 3000 in gear to keep from stalling. code shows Tthrottle Position Sensor #12. I tested pick up coil (OK) and installed a new ignition coil ($18 Ebay and fuel filter $20 Advance Auto. 82,000 miles on odometer) and the more I try to start it, the harder it is to start and sometimes it will not start at all . could the TPS be causing this or the fuel pump having low pressure

165

Man, that one is over my head. But one thing is for sure, engines can be multi problem activated at the same time. I say that, because if you hadn't mention the sensor issue, I would say you spun you timing belt off a degree or two. Do you know if the timing belt has ever been changed. I highly suggest you join this group : http://www.facebook.com/groups/mercurycapri/ and post this same question, you get several educated answers within a day.

10

I had the same problem Sundat. The car drove great. I shout it down and two hours later it would not start. It would fire twe or three times then quit. Several tries and it did not even do that. Used starting fluid with the same responce. I checked and found it seemed I had little psi. Out of the fuel filter. It seemed to just run. The plugs were all dry. What should the fuel to the injector manifold be? The being dry indicates NO fuel getting to them?