please help

10

Asked by Feb 22, 2015 at 03:08 AM about the 2006 Lincoln Navigator Ultimate 4WD

I purchased this vehicle from the dealership. Drove 3 weeks and parked outside overnight.
The next day it started and after a few minutes on the road it started stalling. Ignition
stopped, wait a few minutes and I start it again but won't speed up just 20k/ph and then
resume to 60k stopped , on and on. Mechanic said 4 cylinders has been misfired. He
changed coild, plugs and cam phasers and told me it was not running properly. Now he
wants me to buy a new engine for almost $5000. This vehicle only has about 100k 0n it. I
need your help asap.

340

check the firing order and be sure that the plug wires all go to the correct cylinder

2,165

If you brought it from a dealership there should be at least a 30 day warranty (at least here in the States). Take it back, have them fix it or give you your money back.

10

Thanks. I sent it to a mechanic who told me some of the cylinders has misfired and he changed some coiling and the plugs. Later on he told me I need to replaced the engine. I came across this site and I saw a similar situation which the person advised they changed the catalyst converter and problem was solved so I advised my mechanic to check that. After 2 months, he told me he finally figured the problem and its electrical and he needs to check the solenoid and will be done over the weekend. I went to check on the vehicle and he finally said he needs to get a used part of the computer and no one has it yet. New engine? Selenoid? computer? I am really confused with all the run arounds. I do not have my car since Nov 2014 because it was stalling and the ignition shuts off hence the mechanic. I have no clue when it comes to vehicles and it looks as if am being jerk around. I need help as soon as possible.

2,165

I would give it this one last chance. Sounds like everything he has tried hasn't worked. It Could be the ECM -also known as the computer. Or a loose ground wire. Although, there are rebuilt computers around, not sure why he is saying no one has one available.

21,105

Wow, did you purchase your car from a "new car dealership " or a "used car dealer ". People, don't purchase a car from a "used car dealer ". They have the most notorious reputation for selling substandard products.

I have a 2007.Brought it to Flemington Car and Truck Country.I was trading in.SHOULD HAVE...Instead I was Mr Honest Spent $ 1500.00 doing repairs as needed.While driving it Starts Pinging at heavy load or when I step on gas over 65.Bad Sluggish Engine and Pinging.I have NO IDEA what it is.I rep[aired.Or had them repair Everything they scanned.No answers. I have been told 1. Bad Sensor back of Catalyst. 2.I was thinking Clogged catalyst.Though both of these the Check engine light would stay on. 3.I was getting Codes P0402 and P0301 .Both Mis fires.I had coil Packs changed.Should I do plugs also.Would it PING and run that bad from the plugs.They do have 100,000 miles on them.It just happened right after the Heater core hose broke.Then everything Shit the bed. Lincoln is suppose to be THE CROWN JEWEL of FORD.My Escort Wagon was more dependable.What a piece of JUNK.And all my GMC products have 182,000-178,000 and 190,000.Run like tops.My friends say you are still driving your K3500 Crew Cab. " I am on my 9th Ford Truck.I say" You drive a FORD ." JUNK

21,105

Joe, do yourself a favor. Next time you purchase a car, any car, go directly to the "new car dealership" in your area for the make and model of the car you want. Just because it's a Lincoln, doesn't mean it's good. But, my purchasing it from what appears to be a wholesaler of cars, you greatly reduced your chances of getting a decent car. The car you purchased was probably on the auction block and these guys put "lipstick on a pig". I don't know when you purchased this exactly, but, was it recently and did it have any warranty. Many times, a used car purchased at a new car dealership, will be good for one year or 12,000 miles. But, if you purchased this "as is", well, you're stuck. Yes, sounds like you got a really bad deal on this. Finally, you might consider getting a CPO vehicle on a lease return, again from a new car dealer. These cars, while a little more expensive, have been reconditiioned and are usually in excellent condition. And, they are eligible to purchase an extended mechanical breakdown warranty to 100,000 miles. I have this on my Subaru. And, your credit union will sell it to you a lot less expensive than the dealer would. Just ask them. You can get the whole car covered and they'll give you the option for a zero, $100 ,or $250 deductible I chose the $100 deductible, because the difference in cost to purchase was the same as if I had three incidents. Maybe I won't have any and save more money. As far as you being Mr. Honest, good for you. Unfortunately, the dealers are not always honest, and I'm afraid you had a bad experience. I would not go back to them under any circumstances. By the way, I've had lots of cars, American, German, Japanese. Japanese cars seem to age more gracefully and have less problems. Good luck.