Air Conditioner

Asked by Jun 09, 2008 at 02:02 PM about the 1995 Honda Civic LX

I just purchased a 1995 Honda Civic knowing the air conditioner was not working.  It is blowing air but it is not cold air.  After reading several reviews of this car, it seems the air conditioner is a problem with this year and model.  What seems to be the problem?

135

could be out of refrigerant or the compressor clutch might not be grabbing. could be mechanical or electrical. there's lot of reason why AC could not be blowing cold.

85

It could be a lack of freon in your a/c system, or even a leak in the a/c lines.... I have an 1989 CRX Si and have a leak somewhere in the line.....

40

Most common cause for ac not blowing cold is a refrigerant leak to atmosphere through the front compressor seal. Run a set of manifold gauges on the high and low side. I'm not sure if its a txv or fot system, but the low side should read 10-30 if its a fot and 22-40 if its a txv

260

I have a 1995 Honda Civic. I had problems with my A/C not cooling when the outside temp got over 85-90 degrees. I had freon and all sensors checked out. All working fine. The green light on the controls comes on, but still not cooling when I needed it the most. BINGO! I took the controls panel out of the dash, broke it down to the circuit board where the push buttons are mounted. The solder joints on the board all look like they had circles. The circles are cracks in the solder from very thin applications of solder when board was built. So over the past 12 years of bumps and vibrations they are now breaking down. I re-solder all joints, and put control panel back. Its been working good all summer. Hope this helps you all.

20

Hello, I think it's because of the freon. or some parts of your air condition is not working. or needs to be repair. Try this site http://dunriteheatingandcooling.com/ maybe you can find the problem of your air condition here. ________________________ [url=http://dunriteheatingandcooling.com/]air conditioner repair[/url]

20

Hello, I think it's because of the freon. or some parts of your air condition is not working. or needs to be repair. Try this site http://dunriteheatingandcooling.com/ maybe you can find the problem of your air condition here. ________________________ [url=http://dunriteheatingandcooling.com/]air conditioner repair[/url] -Dunrite Heating and Cooling services

have a mechanic check the line conector seals for leaks,this is a comon problem for all cars,is a quick fix,and not expensive.

10

Hi, There might be a problem with ac unit itself. I think you should try posting it on Honda civic official forum will be really helpful. Air conditioning is an integral part without which it is really tough in summer season. I am here for Air conditioning Florida , air conditioning maintenance, ac repair, air conditioning services for automobiles.

if you seem ac units problems visits www.airconditioning-florida.com

10

Hi Danny, i completely agree with you and it may be one of the possible reason. Air conditioning maintenance, air conditioning repair, and air conditioning in Florida are also helpful resolving ac related problems.

30

". I had freon and all sensors checked out. All working fine. The green light on the controls comes on, but still not cooling when I needed it the most. BINGO! I took the controls panel out of the dash, broke it down to the circuit board where the push buttons are mounted. The solder joints on the board all look like they had circles. The circles are cracks in the solder from very thin applications of solder when board was built. So over the past 12 years of bumps and vibrations they are now breaking down. I re-solder all joints, and put control panel back. Its been working good all summer. Hope this helps you all." This was exactly my problem, on a 94 Civic. A/C compressor and condensor fan wouldn't come on, only sometimes it would kick on, but then it would shut right off again. Refrigerant charge level appeared to be fine. After reading the above post decided to take out the control unit and disassemble it to check the solder connections. Sure enough, there were cold solder joints on the A/C switch and the recirculate/fresh switches, fractured around the pin and islanding the switch from the PC board, barely visible but there they were- Resoldered the bad connections and reassembled it, reinstalled and it worked perfectly, cycling down to 39.5 deg F at the center vent on recirc mode. Amazingly, it's still working on the same charge of Freon from the factory, 22 years. Simple fix, just remove the lower center console with ash tray, radio, disconnect air temp blend door cable at the side beneath the glove box, and remove the heater control unit. Only tricky part was disconnecting the green connector, used a screwdriver to push the locking tab to release from underneath, through the mounting bracket opening provided. Reconnecting it, found it just needed to have the harness relieved of stress to get enough slack to work on the connector with the unit pulled out enough to access it from the top. Thanks to Shocker's post 7 years ago, nailed the problem-