What upgrades( exterior/performance) should i do to my car?

15

Asked by Sep 27, 2011 at 04:31 PM about the 2002 Honda Civic EX

I'm new to this and i don't know what i should do...it's completely stock. I would like to know what parts of a body kit i should get and from where that isn't too expensive but is still sweet looking. Also, performance wise i'd appreciate it if someone could tell me what i should get in order to boost my performance to maximum performance...please list your cheapest ideas first followed by more expensive..also..i've just been wondering this for awhile..what exactly is a "ricer"? thanks
ALSO: what tires should i buy because mine are almost worn out and am in major need of new ones before
winter..not necessarily for winter but just new ones...thanks! and where can i find good hubcap replacements for
my car? i am not looking to spend the money for alloy wheels since i'll be spending most of my money on the
performance and body kits..thanks!
1.7L 16V SOHC VTEC-E, 127hp @ 6300 RPM

485

i would say check out andysautosport.com also you can find coupons and promo codes to get discounts they have some pretty sick s%#t on there performance wise i would say catback exhaust headers cold air intake lowering kit + camber kit is always a plus it makes your car look pretty good without even getting a body kit for more questions just ask i will be happy to help

95

No reason to dump money into the d17. There is almost no power to be made on it. Spending $800-$1,100 on intake, headers, and exhaust (I/H/E) will only gain about 20-30 whp. Leading to a whooping 120-130 whp, and 140-150 bhp. Spending $3000-$4000 on a k swap(roughly 200 bhp) is a much better choice to build on, then putting $3000-$4000 for a turbo on a d17 and getting about the same but having an unreliable engine. Tint, rims, and dropping it would be all I'd do to it. Don't waste your money on a body kit, that is rice. Putting a spoiler larger than the stock spoiler on, is rice. Adding an annoying muffler, is rice.

There are D16Y8's all motor doing 11's and 10's.. In the 1/4. Swapping to "K" Isn't always the 5k solution.. You can mod it and have a 12 second car - with a Turbo and it be reliable as Hell. Mark, It depends on you skill your money, Or your shop.. Apparently you are unaware the scene.. You just are uninformed... Check out RC AutoWorks In IL.. Then tell me differently.. And yes the things you mentioned are rice - but that's not all there is.. To each his own..

1,105

honda-tech go on there and read your life away form your own opinion about whats best and then build to your needs wants and desires. But if you want preformace go full body coilovers with a higher spring rate get a 15 inch rim decent 50 series tires run around 30 psi all around get camber arms, 23mill rear sway bar, lower control arms a tie bar and poly eurethane bushing kit and run around 2 degrees of camber all around. as for motors its all personal opinion thats something you will wanna read about but if i had my choice it would be turbo running 8 psi or so.. but like i said motor is all personal opinion but i would advise either no kit or the stock reverb kit.