1997 Dodge Intrepid Problem in need of help

Asked by Feb 15, 2012 at 08:38 PM about the 1997 Dodge Intrepid 4 Dr ES Sedan

97 Dodge Intrepid Extremely Important Question Seeking Any Help!!!!
Last night i left and drove maybe 10 minutes on the back roads. I came to a stop
sign and the engine shut off without much noise or anything at all. I was on a
slight incline and i thought i had run out of gas since i was a little low. The only
thing that even told me the car turned off was the oil low light came on. This
happened once a few days ago also at a stop sign, i put it in park and it started
right back up and other than a few bumps or hesistations mainly on the freeway in
cruise control (happened maybe 5 times in a 2 week time) i was a little concerned
the first time but it started right back up and didnt really give me much sign
something major was wrong. Last night however i got 2 hesitations and low to
medium bumps at the same time within 2-3 minutes it shut off for the second time.
This time however it did not start again. It cranked fine, battery and terminals are
fine, and i just replaced the fuel pump maybe 3 months ago with a brand new one.
i had a loose positive wire but tightened it a few weeks back. The first time the oil
light came on and it shut off i checked the oil and found out it was extremely low
and i added 3 quarts of 5w 30 and thought that had to be the reason. Just a few
days later car shuts off and will not start again. I know some about cars but not
everything, i figured its only a few systems that could cause the problem. Fuel,
Ignition on plugs or wires(but i would have thought i would have noticed more
issues while running than i did) the mixture of gas and air, air intake blocked or is
to large, a sensor maybe but i am not real sure what they all do or where they are,
or even which could cause this problem. Im sure there is something else it could
be and i apologize for the length of my post, but i really need to get this fixed as
its all i have. If anyone can help please respond and if anyone really wants to be
nice my cell is 610-823-8356 and i will be struggling to figure it out all day
tommorrow. Thanks in advance and i hope someone knows what the hell
happened.

145

crank positition

145

sinser

I hooked up to the on board computer and got two codes P0351 and P0352 both are coil issues. I have not figured out what the problem is. I have checked the coil packs and they seem to be fine, wires and plugs seem to be ok. Im hoping that its not the computer but if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it.

Did u find out what the problem was

10

mine has same problem- puking out when its cold -below zero. i assumed half the problem was its a piece of crap & the other half was gas lines startn to freeze. today it was exactly like the story above. cranks wont fire didnt sputter just shut off at sign? what is the issue?