1997 Dodge intrepid blowing white smoke from tail pipe

10

Asked by Jun 26, 2015 at 07:05 AM about the 1997 Dodge Intrepid 4 Dr ES Sedan

I have a 1997 dodge intrepid blowing white smoke from tail pipe, this just happened 3
days ago, I have put antifreeze and water in but it seems to not fill up but no water
leaking out anywhere that we can see., there is no water in the oil, please I need help!!!

10

oops it is a 3.5l engine

44,325

White smoke out the tailpipe and coolant loss usually indicates a blown head gasket, cracked cylinder head or engine block. Head gasket is by far the most common cause. Some times there will not be water in the oil when a head gasket is bad.

Best Answer
10

we found out it is a blown head gasket, water in the oil, we don't drive it anymore just sits there now, can't afford to have it fixed, Thank You Bob for the info you are right ughhh this sucks, looks like $1500 to get it fixed and we only paid $1200 for the car, so to me not worth fixing even tho it is great on gas mileage and runs beautifully when in good working condition