2002 neon trans problem

Asked by Sep 04, 2014 at 04:24 PM about the 2002 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

Code pop-up to replace the shift solenoid, so I did and also replaced in and out speed sensor, changed oil and filter pulled down the valve body and cleaned it out. Now it won't shift to 2nd gear (auto) rpm gets up to shift and lock up the trans, (like slamming on the brakes) can anybody tell me how stupid I was ,,,,, and if it needs a trans what other car trans are compatible... thanks

95,225

You may have messed up doing the valve body, most likely a tiny little piece of varnish broke loose and jammed up a passage or one of your new solenoids. You could try cleaning it again but without the equipment I doubt you will get it cleaned properly. Try a wrecking yard they should be able to tell you what will fit.