I have a glove trapped in my rear hatch of my Countryman...can't get the glove out and cannot get the hatch opened because of that...any ideas?!!

160

Asked by Mar 05, 2014 at 06:13 PM about the 2012 MINI Countryman S ALL4

160

Thanks ... I've tried that...is there an emergency manual latch pull somewhere? This is wacko!!

160

Thank you very much. I ended up taking it to the dealer and they corrected it in 10 seconds!! They pulled the latch up on the outside of the door and then jerked up the door with their left hand holding onto the lower left corner of the hatch door. He said you had to be careful not to put to much force on the latch itself and put most of the force on the corner of the door...but that solved it!! Thank you so much for your suggestions!!

That was extremely helpful, it worked on our mini that had a strap jammed in the latch

40

I just had the exact same situation with a bag strap and my Countryman and was able to get it fixed based on what I read here. If you have someone to help have them hold the latch open but if you are alone, like me, then keep the latch open by stuffing some cloth in there. Once the latch was held open I pulled the seat backs down and climbed in. One swift kick to the inside of the boot did the trick.

Best advice ever. Thanks for saving me the frustration of sorting this out!

10

Agree with the above - brilliant advice' I stuffed cloth in to hold open the latch, put the seats down & gave it a kick from inside as was on my own, wasn't even a hard kick.. Worked a treat

Bless you all! The gentle kick worked great. I was about to lose my mind, as the trunk light was triggered on and I was worried my battery would die.

I had a jacket stuck on the rear hatch of my 2014 Countryman. I followed this (info from @IanColumbus) and it WORKED: I pulled the latch up on the outside of the door and then jerked up the door with left hand holding onto the lower left corner of the hatch door. Thanks!