2008 black Mercedes-Benz

100

Asked by May 30, 2016 at 12:43 PM about the 2008 Mercedes-Benz C-Class C 300 Luxury 4MATIC

My key is not a regular key it's a plastic key and
everything else in my car is working but the key
will not turn over or start how do I fix this

100

I don't know the answer that's why I am asking for help

12,445

I can tell you this model is very well known for this issue! CHECK battery FIRST!... people report paying $900 - $2000 PLEASE READ ALL...A SAM (Signal Acquisition Module) functions much as a network router does on a computer or communications network. It monitors input from various switches, controls, monitoring devices, and warning systems. When you push a button on, for example, your dashboard, the signal goes through a SAM before the device you are controlling responds. If there is something wrong with the device you are trying to operate, you will likely then get a warning, delivered through the SAM to the CAN (Controller Area Network) bus. The CAN bus will send the error message to the "error screen" you mentioned (the Multifunction Display, beneath your speedometer), or elsewhere in the instrument cluster. You may also get messages indicating normal operation, such as "car rising" when you raise it by the Airmatic system.~~ CUSTOMER "C300 was just towed to the Benz Dealer for the "Technical Svs Bulletin" known as LI80-57-P051521. (The known and documented internal issue with the Electronic Steering Lock causing Crank Failure that has been identified by the NHTSA.) I would just like to know why Benz is not assisting with this matter. Last year I just replaced the back lights on the vehicle that was smoking and burning; causing my brake lights to go out and causing damage to items in my trunk. Now finally, that part is now being recalled! Why is Benz awaiting for something bad to happen before they take responsibility for their parts. With all of the documented complaints of the C300 car not cranking due to the failure of the Electronic Steering Lock EIS/ESL, why is Benz being allowed to go forward without a recall of this faulty part they're installing in these cars? It seems very evident that though Benz has documentation of "CONSISTENT FAILURE" of the EIS/ESL on the C300s, they're refusing to recall the cars for these issues in an attempt to generate constant business for the Benz Dealerships. (For instance, when I walked into the Dealership, my Servicer was able to quote me a price on the repair of my car within seconds as he stated that he just completed the same repair on a car same make, model and year as mine the day before....UUmm...what a coincidence!) This Racket that Benz is Running has cost me $1,000.00. This has to be against the Law.