2002 sebring hard to turn steering wheel and squeals until it warms up any ideas

60

Asked by Aug 10, 2015 at 10:51 AM about the 2002 Chrysler Sebring LX

car hard steering until it warms up

238,065

You might be low on power steering fluid.

60

no not that could i have under lubed ball joints tie rods ? belt seems tight also just hoping not rack

238,065

Check the pulleys that ride on the serpentine belt, one might have failed or seized up. You might need to remove the belt to inspect/pinpoint which one.

60

think it could be the a/c compressor i ve heard they are known to fail and thank you all for input

60

i believe its the ball joints they need greased well prob replaced now

60

i put new serp belt on it turns ok no noise thanks

60

also since ive had this car i lost the windows and lock and dash lights but i found that on the driver door you can see the wire harness i had afew cut or broken wires fixed wires all windows and doors work the dash light s were just burnt out very easy to change dont be afraid easy

60

one more tip but tyr at your own risk but worked for me the shop wanted to charge me 35 to clean a head light i use brake fluid worked great but dont get it on ur paint and clean off with soap and water