My car was in the shop for about 5 months. I did not pay the insubecause,rance, i figuered if im not driving it , i will pay when i get it out. The mechanic took foirever to fix it. WEhgen i git it back, iput insurance on it not knowing my registration was a month overdue and my tags in the back were two miohnths overdue. i recieved two citations and a warning. I was told that i have a three month suspension after dues are paid and another 3 month suspension for citations. The teller also rtoild me if i sellmy car that i wouldnt have to worry about anything with the car. I really need my car to get back and forth to work and take care of my daughter. What can i do to take care of this problem? Please help

20

Asked by Aug 17, 2016 at 01:40 PM about the 2003 Chrysler Voyager 4 Dr LX Passenger Van

I need help to keep my car.

115

i'm not sure i understand the question - there aren't multiple paths to keeping your car. you pay the fines and fees to get it back.. or you don't, they impound it, and you get taken to court and/or a bench warrant and then you pay the original fines and fees, and the additional fines and fees and you DON'T get it back, because it was sent to the crusher or auctioned off.

20

I would like to keep my car. I guess i want to avoid the suspension. I have been getting my life back together by use of this vehicle. Is there anyway that i can pay cost and fines and transfer the vehicle into someone elses name so i can still have access?

115

when you say suspension, i am assuming you mean your license - that has nothing to do with the car. if you are referring to something else i'm not sure what you mean by suspended.

Best Answer Mark helpful
198,055

If your drivers license is suspended you cannot drive any motor vehicle, except maybe a moped, some states consider those exempt. As far as the vehicle, if the title is free and clear you can sign it too someone else, they will have to put insurance on it in their name, and you still would not be able to drive it until the suspension is over. Now you can fight this if you want to spend the time and money it will cost in the courts, but talk with an attorney that specializes in this type of stuff, most of them will give you a half hour consultation just too see if you have any alternatives.

20

Thank you very much for your answer, as far as i was told at Penndot, i was to be suspended from driving that car or maybe i got it mixed up. i was very distraught. The man said if i sell the car i wouldnt have any problems. Just pay my fees and fines. The problem lies with the car. I will try and contact them to check. Thank you very much.