My Chrysler 300 will not start, it won't even turn over.

Asked by May 28, 2013 at 01:09 PM about the 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring

This is the first time it has done this. But it has been running and nothing worked the
windows ,radio, horn,nothing. But when I cut the car off and turned it back on everything
worked. Then the next morning I tried to start it it turned over twice but would not stay
started then it just would not do nothing.

28,915

Best to take it to the dealer.

You need a new battery~

105,315

Hey Judge you forgot to tell him about the corrosion problem.

hey tennisshoes, they need a new battery...if corroded will be apparent and will be taken care of with the new installation...duh?....duh.

760

I have that problem also, with the windows and stuff. I also had a starting issue but that was due to the system being poorly connected to the power distribution center and a faulty starter. But anyways, back to the windows, radio, etc. I thought it was because I needed a new battery also but I got my battery checked and they said it was fine. So if you ever get the problem fixed, please update. Thanks.

sounds like a parasitic drain...the new battery will be dead-as-a-doornail as well until we figured out that we left the map light on, or the hood courtesy light isn't switching off~...anyways a parasitic drain, because of the description~

...so we've got air, fuel and spark valve timing is going to be there because of the design of the 300~ fuel? spark? hey-yo we're still here y'know~

690

My car was running fine speed at a store then I couldn't get it to stay on now it won't even turn over or nothing but Windows and everything else work

230

I have a Chysler 300 and yesterday was involved in a flood. My back end of car was submerged in water. I changed out the starter and it still wont start. The battery is fine. Any suggestions?

90

I have the same prob.. But windows and everything works. Just won't stay on or at times it won't turn over. Changed the spark plugs and the thermal stat. Still happening though.

160

Starter took a crap , replaced it and now the car wont even turn over , get nothing at all ! Put new battery

30

About 1 month ago my 2014 chrysler 300 would not start, it ended up needing a new fuel pump ( under warranty took it to dealership, all good). I went to start it today and it would not start, neighbor jumped started it and it went right over, I drove my daughter to and from work (40 minutes round trip) drove car back into garage and shut it off. Went to turn it back on and again it would not start. Today is Saturday evening so since it is under warranty they will tow it for free to dealership and check it out but stuck now until Monday uggg. This car has only 1900 miles on it and is kept in the garage and not driven a lot (obviously). could it be that the battery is just dead? Why should it be will only 1900 miles on the vehicle and kept in the garage ???

10

i have a 05 300C 5.7 HEMI IT CRANKS BUT WONT START RECENTLY I HAVE REPLACED THE ALTERNATOR RAN GREAT FOR A FEW DAYS AFTER THAT I REPLACED THE SPARK PLUGS AND TWO BAD IGNITION COILS 1 & 6 NOW IT DOES NOT START BUT IT CRANKS THOUGH ANY IDEAS GUYS

10

after spark plug replacement it ran for a day

10

need help!!

20

This happened to me and after alot of headache trying to find the problem, I found out that my car stopped recognizing the key.

10

i have a 06 Chrysler 300 some times it cranks won't start turn key off turn key again it start up. changed starter, battery, alternator, all new but some times it keep doing the same thing. I turn the key off turn the on it fires right up need help?

105,315

A live data scanner will be able too see if the ECM is being powered up on intial start. Possible ignition switch, ECM/BCM power relay, wiring intermittent fault.

This is the dumbs web site I have ever visited your answers are stupid! Did you check the air in tires cause that about the speed of all your responses.

105,315

Newbies

I had an issue with my 06 300 getting power to windows, headlights and such, but when you turn the key to on the motor would not turn, the starter made no sound. I thought a low battery replaced, replaced starter, spark plugs and a couple of other odds and ends. Then I took the negative battery cable off. At first glance it looked good. But the center of the wire was corroded out, that green with white dust kind. So I replaced the negative terminal and I have not had an issue with starting the car since.

Starter relay issues don’t listen to all these stupid ideas about alternator batteries key remote 9 out of 10 times ( STARTE RELAY )

Newbies ha ! I’m a 30 year vet as mechanic sounds like all you guys are the newbies ( just wanted to check and see what kind of responses came of comment and as exspected a great comeback by a almost smart guy who would know nothing!)

105,315

Hey stinkingrattlerman don't like it then leave. People have enough problems with today's vehicles without some clown messing things up.

On mine i switched relays with a known good, same relay as starter relay, no dice. Not every one has has the same problem on all their cars. Im no 30 year mechanic but i work on cars every week end. Had a saturn having the same issue last week. Getting power but nothing at key turn. Was a weak pump, you can hear it but not enough to get through fuel line. But i guess when you can fully diagnose a car with out touching or seeing the car dieselman every body else must seem like newbies with no experience.

My car only truns over with a jump new plugs new alternator new starter fresh battery let it run for two hours and still have to give it a jump need help

105,315

GuruZN3H2 year make and model really helps, especially when you dive into a thread that is already running. That being said, if you didn't use a present saver tool when you removed the battery then you will most likely wind up at the dealership to get the total computer system reflashed. HTH

It is possible that you got a bad alternator. I have a Mitsubishi endeavor that I got 2 bad alternators back to back. I kept chasing other issues thinking that there was no way that I got 2 bad ones in a row. I took the first bad one back to autozone and they said it was good. took it again and on the second test it failed. Then next one was kind of the same, but i had them test it 5 times back to back and the second one failed tests 3-5. I guess the QA guy was on vacation.