My Chrysler 300 will not start, it won't even turn over.

Asked by May 28, 2013 at 01:09 PM about the 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring

This is the first time it has done this. But it has been running and nothing worked the
windows ,radio, horn,nothing. But when I cut the car off and turned it back on everything
worked. Then the next morning I tried to start it it turned over twice but would not stay
started then it just would not do nothing.

28,495

Best to take it to the dealer.

You need a new battery~

100,345

Hey Judge you forgot to tell him about the corrosion problem.

hey tennisshoes, they need a new battery...if corroded will be apparent and will be taken care of with the new installation...duh?....duh.

730

I have that problem also, with the windows and stuff. I also had a starting issue but that was due to the system being poorly connected to the power distribution center and a faulty starter. But anyways, back to the windows, radio, etc. I thought it was because I needed a new battery also but I got my battery checked and they said it was fine. So if you ever get the problem fixed, please update. Thanks.

sounds like a parasitic drain...the new battery will be dead-as-a-doornail as well until we figured out that we left the map light on, or the hood courtesy light isn't switching off~...anyways a parasitic drain, because of the description~

...so we've got air, fuel and spark valve timing is going to be there because of the design of the 300~ fuel? spark? hey-yo we're still here y'know~

640

My car was running fine speed at a store then I couldn't get it to stay on now it won't even turn over or nothing but Windows and everything else work

230

I have a Chysler 300 and yesterday was involved in a flood. My back end of car was submerged in water. I changed out the starter and it still wont start. The battery is fine. Any suggestions?

80

I have the same prob.. But windows and everything works. Just won't stay on or at times it won't turn over. Changed the spark plugs and the thermal stat. Still happening though.

130

Starter took a crap , replaced it and now the car wont even turn over , get nothing at all ! Put new battery

20

About 1 month ago my 2014 chrysler 300 would not start, it ended up needing a new fuel pump ( under warranty took it to dealership, all good). I went to start it today and it would not start, neighbor jumped started it and it went right over, I drove my daughter to and from work (40 minutes round trip) drove car back into garage and shut it off. Went to turn it back on and again it would not start. Today is Saturday evening so since it is under warranty they will tow it for free to dealership and check it out but stuck now until Monday uggg. This car has only 1900 miles on it and is kept in the garage and not driven a lot (obviously). could it be that the battery is just dead? Why should it be will only 1900 miles on the vehicle and kept in the garage ???

10

i have a 05 300C 5.7 HEMI IT CRANKS BUT WONT START RECENTLY I HAVE REPLACED THE ALTERNATOR RAN GREAT FOR A FEW DAYS AFTER THAT I REPLACED THE SPARK PLUGS AND TWO BAD IGNITION COILS 1 & 6 NOW IT DOES NOT START BUT IT CRANKS THOUGH ANY IDEAS GUYS

10

after spark plug replacement it ran for a day

10

need help!!

20

This happened to me and after alot of headache trying to find the problem, I found out that my car stopped recognizing the key.

i have a 06 Chrysler 300 some times it cranks won't start turn key off turn key again it start up. changed starter, battery, alternator, all new but some times it keep doing the same thing. I turn the key off turn the on it fires right up need help?

100,345

A live data scanner will be able too see if the ECM is being powered up on intial start. Possible ignition switch, ECM/BCM power relay, wiring intermittent fault.