why will my 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring ocasionally not start

Asked by Aug 02, 2012 at 10:17 AM about the 2005 Chrysler 300 Touring

new battery new fuel pump. never know when car will not start. doesnt matter if its warm or cold. sometimes shaking the car very hard or loosing the gas cap helps but sometimes not. sometimes when it wont start the engine light or a red light that looks like a lightning bolt or both will be on then other times no light. car died while i was driving down the road like the battery had died about a wk ago. pulled over turned key off then started up first try. everytime it acts up & i have it towed to the mechanic it seems to start up so they cant diagnose the problem. please give me some advise. im gettin so discusted!!!

2,395

Sounds like it's time for a wiggle test. Might sound funny but here is how you do it. Hopefully you have an idea what you're looking at when you're under the hood. ( Not trying to insult you ). When the car is running, just wiggle the plugs by the ignition, fuel connectors and any place you see a plug. If there is a loose plug that might have been pulled apart during the last service, you might find it and just push it together. Try the same with it not starting, you might have someone in the front seat to start it for you after you wiggle something. The problem sounds like it could be a simple electrical issue that rears it's ugly head once in a while.

I have the same problem, it is the the fuel pump wiring harness, the plug end that plugs into the fuel pump. It needs to be tight , the catch on mine that keeps it tight to the fuel pump is loose.I have tried to find a new end to replace mine but have had no luck so I keep it together with vise grips but am not able to put my back seat in..