Good first project?

Asked by Mar 27, 2016 at 06:31 PM about the 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE

I am 18 and looking to do my first project car. I
have found a 1986 fiero se and I was wondering if
it would make a good first project? The body and
frame are in good shape. It needs a new starter to
run but that shouldn't be too hard. It has the engine
from the 86 gt model and a 5 speed manual. The
seller is asking $1800. Just let me know if there is
anything that would make this very difficult or
expensive for a beginner

37,965

No not really, the Pontiac Fiero is nothing but a piece of junk. Not in demand if you were to sell it. Depending on how much money you would put into it, you would never come close to getting it back when selling it. Find something else.

25

The Pontiac Fiero is a good, fun car to work with. Easy to fix and parts are readily available. Plus there are many Fiero clubs across North America that can provide technical information and support for any Fiero restoration project. Go for it!

37,965

That 1968 Mustang you are looking at, you would have no regrets with that car, especially if you hung on to it threw your life time. Nobody cares about a Pontiac Fiero, it is considered to be one of the failures Pontiac put out in production.

40

get connected to fiero clubs such as www.fiero.com. I am not understanding why these guys are saying you can not sell it.. Think about how it looks and if you think it is a hot car.. that is what matters. Fieros are an eye catcher I assure you.. especially a GT. I think you know that though or you would not be looking at it. right?

37,965

History gains respect. The Mustang speaks for itself. Any car guy who looks a fiero thinks of one of Pontiac's failed cars...Who in the world would want a 1986 fiero over a 1968 Fastback Mustang? I think I'd rather be in a Mustang club.

I love fieros, but i agree. A mustang is better. But seriously, whats not to like about the fiero gt? Its like the mr2 but cheaper. And its fun to drive. And they r cheap. The main problem is the headlights getting stuck. oh and the '84 models sometimes blew up like the Galaxy note 7. lol! HAVE FUN