Ignition parts ID

Asked by Dec 17, 2011 at 08:32 AM about the 1994 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Wagon

I have a 1994 Loyale. There are 2 parts within 8 inches of the ignition coil. One is attached to the coil bracket and looks like a quarter with 2 ears for screws that go through the bracket into a black plastic square with wires coming out of it and going to the + & - sides of the coil. The other one is a black plastic part about the size of a tootsie roll with 2 wires that plug into the one end. The wires are black/white and black.
  Any help in identifying them will be appreciated.  May God bless you and yours.  nakish

Well the first item you described would be the external resistor for the ignition coil. The second item I would say is a frequency filter that eliminates alternator hum in your radio speakers.

I was LOOKING for this answer and I found it! Thank you!