windowshield how to replace rubber gasket

Asked by Jan 18, 2010 at 08:13 PM about the 1992 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Wagon

Can;t anyone help me to replace the rubber fitting around my front windshield. Can someone tell me where to get the parts I need and how to do it myself. I am sick of going to wind shied places and having then tell me "Oh. they have to replace the windshield too." That's Bull ... I am 65 and this is the best vehicle I've ever owned in my whole life. The only time she didn't start was when she her battery was dead. I keep the oil changed and if I had a garage she'd be in there...but, I am poor and can't afford that luxury so. I am asking can someone tell me what I need to buy and how to install the rubber gasket myself? I've owned this car since she was brand new and have taken care of car. Thank you for any help and/or suggestions

You actually do need to replace the windshield as well. Just as when replacing the windshield, you have to replace the rubber fitting, which significantly drives up the cost.