94 subaru loyale, sputters like fuel line is clogged going 60.

Asked by Nov 20, 2015 at 02:32 PM about the 1994 Subaru Loyale 4 Dr STD 4WD Wagon

After the car gets warm, and 30 mins in on the Hwy, it start sputtering like it's
not getting gas. I am trying to figure out what it is. I just bought it, and the prior
owner said id was setting for a while. I am assuming it's the gas, but I am not
sure.

60,655

Try running a good fuel system cleaner through a tank of gas. I like Seafoam and Chevron with Techron. A new fuel filter might also be in order.

Best Answer

Full_of_Regrets, Thank you! I'll try it.

4,310

Yes, I'l bet the inline filter is getting clogged as its dirt load shifts over time and pressure to occlude its outlet. Easy cheap remedy...if it works. Maybe an intermittent coil pack too. 1994...oy...whaddaya doing buying a 21 yr old Subie. Up north we toss them after 15 years max.

TheSubaruGuruBoston, thank you. Where in the car is the inline filter located? Do you know the part #?

60,655

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/FRAF/G6457DP/02515.oap? year=1994&make=Subaru&model=Loyale&vi=1270178&ck=Search _fuel+filter_02515_1270178_-1&keyword=fuel+filter&pt=02515&ppt =C0023

4,310

Left fender wall. These large metal cans rarely clog, but at 21 years...?!