why car is idling to high

5

Asked by Aug 21, 2015 at 08:53 AM about the 1993 Saturn S-Series 4 Dr SL Sedan

i have a 1993 saturn s- series , i replaces valve cover last week and now it idles real
high when driving it and stopping . when i push clutch in it takes a few mints, befor
it will idle down. i have spayed the throdle and spring but it still runs high , when
sitting still and working on it , it want do it just when driving . does anyone have a
answer for this car.

76,335

Well if this didn't happen before you worked on it, I would venture to say that you have a vacuum line not connected.

1,385

when I had this problem it turned out to be the idle control solenoid which is on the older cars that needs to be cleaned or replaced or it could be your throttle position sensor on a newer sat like my 2001 Saturn sc2 that's what my problem was the throttle position sensor but I think it's more likely like the other guy was saying could be your vacuum line that's missing somewhere.