2005 Chrysler Town and country 3.8 w/ Auto trans no start no crank

10

Asked by Feb 09, 2014 at 06:29 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Touring

2005 Chrysler Town and country 3.8 w/ Auto trans
After flat tire on hwy car attempted to start and then no longer would crank. battery is
good. Have traced problem to no ground on starter relay terminal 85 and no ground to
fuel pump relay terminal 86.Removed integrated power module and did voltage drop on
starter relay 85 circuit out through terminal 14 on back of ipm. all is good. I tested trans
range sensor by moving selector and watching continuity to ground change terminals.
Pcm will set codes and store them then erase with scan tool. I am ready to change
PCM but hate to just throw parts at it...Any Help?

7,565

Here is a diagram of your starter. Have you jumped pins 30 and 87 at relay to see if starter works? Is red light on in dash? Theft security? Next hook a wire to pin 85 at relay. Pull relay out just a little to be able to sneak a wire in to touch pin 85 and hook other end to ground. see if it starts. If so Next thing to look at is what is stopping pcm from grounding the starter relay. If this is the case, email me and we will take it from there. Hope this helps......

Best Answer

Before you spend money on a new battery, starter and ignition switch. Take it to a good mechanic and have it properly troubleshot. It could be you're PCM, ign switch, TRS, security system, wcm, node. Key fob. Wiring. Remote start antena, or anything under the sun. There is no good back yard mechanic anymore. You need the proper tools and equipment to properly diagnose a problem or you will spend twice the money and still need a tow truck to go to the grocery store!

10

GuruCMBZ you just gave the worst answer ever in a forum. This van was fixed with a simple PCM reset of disconnecting battery for 30 minutes and clearing capacitors. Not to difficult once had understanding of system.