2005 Chrysler Town and Country won't crank over

Asked by Mar 23, 2016 at 05:12 PM about the 2005 Chrysler Town & Country Touring

I didn't have any problems at all then one day my
van wouldn't crank over,the gear indicator don't
show up,and my security light is on..when I jump
the started relay it will turn over but does not
start..I came to the conclusion that the
transmission range sensor!!after a couple weeks
and waiting for the new sensor,when I went to
push my van in the garage I noticed the gear
indicator was on and the security light was off,the
van then would turn over but still didn't start.I read
the computer came back two codes for emergency  
disar ? After messing with the gears and trying to
start it it went back 5o no indicator and the
security light is on and won't crank over...grrrr so I
put a new transmission range sensor in I had to
drop the transfer pan and valve body to do it....and
still same thing no gear shift indicator security light
still on and won't crank over.....I have took the bat
cables off over night tried everything  I could find
to reset the security  and nothing..any help would
be greatly appreciated thank you in advance..oh ya
it's a 2005 Chrysler Town and Country touring with
a 3.8 ltr engine

285

You have covered your bases, SIr. I have several suggestions. First, test to see if your key ignition switch (and all the circuits accessorized by it), is fully functional. Second, I would consider testing the computers....transmission and operating ECU. Lastly, the whole problem may be related to the security system itself...are you able to disarm the system with your remote? Reset the battery, and then immediately code your remote to the keyless entry/alarm.... turn that security system off! Well, that is my best for the allotted time and space.

Everything electronic works in the van.I just have a multi tester so not sure howhat to test the ecu with that..how would I recode my remote to the keyless entry,the remote does do all the functions but the alarm doesn't arm..so I have been trying to reset the security on it..I have tried to lock then unlock the drivers door and I even tried what someone said in a post I came across to do was to take the battery cable off then turn the headlights on for 3 minutes then reconnect the battery...

Whether you guys know it or not, there was a recall on the ignition switch for the the t&c series. I have the same problem, a mechanic says "your transmission AND motor is bad... But after calling a Chrysler dealership they said, , there's no way your transmission And motor go bad at the same time. My van won't shift in gear, it jerks and studders like it's not getting any power, the wipers won't stop running. All this started AFTER I took it to HERITAGE CHRYSLER on belair rd. In Baltimore. I think the mechanic really screwed my vehicle up. This was AFTER my factory ignition recall was replaced HERITAGE said.. "he had to do a diagnostic, plus a10 point inspection which would cost me over $500.00 . When I said "I didn't bring it in for all that",, and wasn't gonna pony up the dough he gave me a lot of lip service ,and attitude to go with it, My van came back to me in very bad shape! I KNOW I got Screwed, because it ran perfectly until they got their hands on it!! VERY dissapointed in Chrysler, I will NEVER recommended a Chrysler to ANYONE, EVEN A NEW MODEL! !!! YOURS TRULY DISSAPOINTED, , THE.BROWN. .... GRRRR

TRULY dissapointed was posted by Stanford BROWN. . If Chrysler wants to contact me they can do so at... Tonybrown173@gmail.Com. STILL DISSAPOINTED. .. DOUBLE GRRRRR.. shopping for a NEW vehicle and you can bet it won't be a Chrysler! !!!! Those Danm crooks! !!!! NEVER again! Maybe a Hyundai they seem VERY reliable. ..

Andy don't know if you still have the mini van but your fishing in the wrong area. I'm surprised chrysler didn't tell the truth. It's your cluster panel. Contact on the cluster panel isn't makin contact. If you remove the whole panel the car will start without the panel .I had the same problem .I hope this helps you or anybody reading.