I have a 96 chevy blazer and it wont turn over, put gas in and got a new battery and still wont turn over but it does crank, anyone have any ideas please help.

10

Asked by Mar 04, 2013 at 06:14 PM about the 1996 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LT

any chance the panic emergency fuel cutoff was enabled? there's a red reset button somewhere....perhaps behind the back seat, perhaps in the trunk, see if you can find this button and press it.

if your front bumper had touched anything, like a careless parallel parker in front of you, or a rambunctious bicicylist doin tricks off the bumper could have tripped this switch...panic shut down the fuel so you won't go up in a blaze of pressurized fuel.

10

Thank you but we looked all over for this button in the back and cant find it nowhere, when we turned the key , on the dash it said to check gauges

see what I can find---standby please;

says that it doesn't have one. check your owner's manual...in that case, we will start with the basics, fuel, air and spark....and also timing- so we have air, we have fuel (I guess) so what we need is spark?

if its is throwing up any kind of warning lite, go to the parts store and they should be able to read your stored codes... for free.

10

Ok thank you a lot il do that and let you know,

OK great. You have no idea what a challenge it is to be an expert on all makes and models, foreign and domestic~!

10

iM a women, lol you have no idea how challenging it is to find an expert on these matters lol, thank you

I'm so glad. I love women. They always chose care and understanding, over war and beligerance...never made the team...had MS the whole time and was picked on because I was a carmel colored guy in a predominantly white south side of MIlwaukee....California is all they said it would be...benched, they don't let me work anymore....thank god for Uncle Sam- this is so I can share what little knowledge I can conjure up that might help you...it's for no money, just a duty to help people-

My name isn't bob_nueske, he sells me the killer smoked bacon from Wittenburg, WI...my staple. is actually JAVED N QURESHI from pakistan...yeah, three months old when we escaped war time to her parents...in Milwaukee....1953 and still doesn't get that hot dogs don't have any dog in them...

16,895

There are lots of reasons this could be happening. I dont believe these blazers have a fuel shut off. It could be leaky fuel injectors, bad coil, fuel pump, distributer. They can all be tested but if your not used to working on vehicles then would be difficult to test for. Also the average person probably wont have a fuel pressure gauge lying around.

35

I had a chev blazer with the same problem. Every now an then it would blow the fuse for the electric fuel pump. 10 amp if I can remember. After that I always kept 2 spares in the glove box.

I'm having somewhat similar difficulties with my 95 blazer it has a 4.3 vortec it was running last weekend and now all it does is click from the started and won't crank the motor. Their is a back story on this blazer though, I bought it for a couple hundred dollars a couple months ago from a guy who had it in his wood shop for 4 years almost. The reason it was sitting for 4 years is the trannsmission went out and he hired a guy to put a used one in and the guy stretched it out and didn't just do it and get it done needless to say when I got it I had to hook up the exhaust and both drive shafts then I trailer ed it home to a shop I have access to. Now I've drop the gas tank and drained it and put in a new fuel pump, I've taken the cpi out from under the intake plenum and cleaned the injectors and got it running but as I said now it just wants to click and I can't rotate the crank by hand any suggestions?

16,895

Pull the plugs and make sure it hasn't hydro locked with fuel. If it has then either the injector unit or the lines under the plenum "nut kit" is leaking into the engine. If you pull the plugs and you still can't rotate the motor with a socket on the end of the crank then the motor is locked up.

My 03 blazer 4.3 has been ever now and then acting like it has no power at all and after a few mins goes by it will start up with no problems at all and I do not know what is making it do that. Now today I tried to start it and it turned over a few times then stopped everything, no clicking or anything. I thought it may be the battery but it's not and jump start didn't help. I put the code reader on and no codes on that issue comes up and I am thinking it may be the solenoid or starter. Any ideas what I should do?

I have a 94 Chevrolet S-10. Same problem it's cranks but no idle. Every time I accelerate going up steep hills it back fires like a 30.30 gun shot blows the muffler then dies out.