My 2002 Chevy Blazer is not starting, Sounds like it is fuel starved. Just filled the tank and got home fine next day it doesnt start. It turns over for a second and then wont stay on on. if i keep trying it sounds more like it isnt getting fuel. I am thinking since I let the tank get low to check m,y milage I may have picked up some gunk in the tank and cloged the line somewhere. Any suggestions on how to go about diagnosing and fixing this?

Asked by Nov 19, 2015 at 11:11 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS

My 2002 Chevy Blazer is not starting, Sounds like it is fuel starved. Just
filled the tank and got home fine next day it doesn't start. It turns over for a
second and then wont stay on on. if i keep trying it sounds more like it isn't
getting fuel. I am thinking since I let the tank get low to check m,y mileage I
may have picked up some gunk in the tank and clogged the line
somewhere. Any suggestions on how to go about diagnosing and fixing
this?

60,315

Check the fuel filter first,then may need to have the fuel pressure checked could be fuel pump is bad.

44,245

Yes, change the fuel filter first. Dose sound like a fuel problem. If still having the same issues check the fuel pressure at the Schrader valve, it should be 56 to 63 psi. Leave it sit for 3min. and watch the pressure gauge, it should not drop more than 5 lbs from your initial reading. If the initial reading is within normal range, and drops more than the 5 lbs. there is a leak either the regulator, spider lines, or injectors... lines or fuel pump itself. You would next do a dead head pressure check to determine if it is the fuel pump by just hooking up to the end of the line that leads to the fuel pump only. This pressure should be at 67 lbs and hold for the three minutes, again, not drop more than the 5 lbs.