beetle bug

Asked by Mar 07, 2016 at 02:21 PM about the 2002 Volkswagen Beetle GLS 1.8T

How can I bypass factory alarm so my bug will
start?

1,680

Are u good at electrical, if not take to place u trust and have them bypass or u may make a mess of it!

Best Answer

I took it to a trustworthy mechanic and he's tried everything he knew to do to bypass the system. I dont have the money right now to take it to volkswagon to reset it. Any ideas of how to reset? It wont start because of this factory alarm system. I've had battery replaced, rewiring, before and this has never happened.

1,680

I know u may not have money but if u don't know alarms, etc can make a mess. How bout car alarm installer. R u really sure its alarm? Could it jus be receiver for the alarm. Do you have 2 keys or only one, could one key b bad? Just throwing ideas at u. Why did alarm become suspect?

I'm not really sure. I dont know anything about cars. I've had different people to "try" and fix it. I took it to the best guy in town (from several different people) he put new battery, rewiring, etc.. I drove it down the road, it drove fine, sounded good, then motor died, I coast to a gas station. I tried starting it, it turned over but wouldnt start. He had it towed back to shop and put it on machines, checked everything, nothing is showing anything wrong except the car anti theft system wont allow it to start. He's tried to bypass but nothing works. It only has one key. The mechanic suggested I take it to reset the factory alarm. He said only the dealership can reset the alarm. He doesnt know what else to do and pretty sure its the alarm. He's been very helpful and trying to continue to figure it out. I dont know if the key is bad and that is something to check. Thank you and any ideas u have, please send my way.

I have put a lot of money already in it to be fixed and I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, its just frustrating.

228,835

That era bettle is know for electrical issue. Sounds like it's time to have the dealership take a crack at it. If they can't figure it out, you might want to trade up to something else.

1,680

Alarm stop it from starting, yes, but driving down road and it turns off? Strange. Why did he 'rewire'? Go to 'autotoys.com' c if that helps. Only suggestions but Maybe have mechanic put bac wires to how they were, than c if the site 'auto toys.com helps u. It explains he they work too. Let us know wat happens!