how do I disable the repetitive chime that comes on when the key is in the accessory position

Asked by Jun 24, 2015 at 01:19 PM about the 1999 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LT 4WD

I sit in my truck a lot at work and listen to the radio when key is in the accessory position
the repetitive chime goes off and is annoying how do I disable that

10,975

On the 99 Blazer, there is no user setting to disable the chime. On another note, the chime should not be enabled when the ignition is in accessory position and the doors closed. If it is, it's telling me there is an issue with the ignition switch or you may have a bad door jamb switch. The control module thinks the door is still open when it is not. Ignition switch failures are also common for these trucks. One thing you could try is to position the ignition to "run". Don't start the truck, just turn the ignition switch (one position before start). Then back to the "off" position. You should be able to pull the key out and your accessories should be enabled for 30 minutes or until a door is opened. The trucks were designed this way. If that doesn't work, you may have a bad door jam switch. Do the interior lights stay on when the door is closed (make sure the override button is disabled)?

Mark the light stays on with door closed unless dome override is depressed..also tried turning key froward then back radio doesnt come on with doors closed

10,975

Okay, sounds like a bad door jamb switch. They are cheap and fairly easy to change out yourself. Chances are it is the drivers door that is bad as it gets the most use. It should look similar to the picture. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbS7sxGS_RM

Pull chime out click to size up .