I have a 88 ef jus put a jdm ls in it And it wont start

40

Asked by May 19, 2013 at 12:59 AM about the 1988 Honda Civic DX Hatchback

I have no Idea what your abbreviations are. but main power needs good ground...take the black cable and check the end that connects to your chassis ground...make sure there is an excellent connection that can pull 300 CCA without catching fire~

Best Answer
40

Okay i have a honda civic i took out my 92 integra motor out bc the head gasket went soo i replaced that motor w an 98 intergra motor but wont start ?

40

I tried the grounds , i have a new starter , good battery , im getting fuel and spark and i have new sparkplugs fuses are all good and main relay is also good i believe it migt be my ecu witch means computer

40

When i turn the ignition on where the lights pop up on the dash but not crankig the motor and the engine light comes on the off . After i start it and the cars cranking the engine light comes baqq on and my car wont start

let us go back to the basics: air, fuel, spark, timing---check the fuel pressure, the spark and the timing~ a diagnostic check will reveal codes for the problems affected, will tell you for free, your autoparts store will send manny, moe or test the jack out with a diagnostic plug and you could share the trouble codes with us~ if you cannot get to a parts store you can buy your own scanner for about 15-20 bucks~

a clobbered up evaporative system can shut down the whole circus, would trigger the CEL---but let's see what your ECU has to report...a guessing game can prove annoying and expensive...best to just zone in...if you've got the time you could check the distributor firing on the one, the vacuum advance hose, golf tee it to set the timing...look at the timing, put the crank on ONE, the distributor firing on ONE, and the camshaft (if you can see the markings) on ONE...if you can do this the motor is set up correctly~

sometimes the coil gets installed with the power accidently on the ground...they both should be marked with plus and minus, if disassembled look basically the same, you could take a looksee at that too-

did it ever run? or idle? the reason is you could check for leaks...if we could start looking for them~....might be a little premature to suspect a bad gasket...perhaps in changing the intakes you may have disassembled a few critical items...this one has a wacky vacuum computer on there If I remember my hondas right...~ like to stick with you till the end, but we have tomorrow and you'll want to connect your diagnostic plug to something....probably and APP for that~

40

Yes i had a 92 integra motor in it at first it aas runing good drivig head gasket went and i replace the whole motor w an 98 integra motor and now cranks but wont start

40

But this motor ran in another car took it out put it in my car and idk nothing but cranking

were the connections to the ECM a no-brainer---or various pins were different?>....take it a pin-for-pin comparison....if it never ran in it's new location, yet all the components are there must be the ECM not doin' it's job~