My Toyota Paseo wont start at times.

Asked by Nov 06, 2016 at 07:02 PM about the 1992 Toyota Paseo 2 Dr STD Coupe

I have a 92 Toyota Paseo coupe that's having starting problems.
Last year at this time I had the same problem. I Paid 800$ for a battery and rebuild of my altanotor. They also turned up the revs a bit at the time. I noticed at that time that the engine lost rpm's so I mentioned that at the time.
No the car isn't starting more often. I have to press the gas peddle every time now for it to start. One moment it starts then I can just go a short drive and I'm stuck again.
I have lots of power from battery so I know that's not the problem. I've tried taking the gas cap off and yes it does start most of the time after I do that but its getting worse and or more often.
When I turn the key it does a little click in ignition but nothing else happens just one click.
Please help with this problem. "t's all I have to drive and I love my car.... my mechanic has no idea what the problem is. This is the first Toyota Paseo they have seen. PLEASE !!!!!Thank you :)
My email is lisqumjanet@gmail.com or call 343-363-1862.

No answers yet