1993 Toyota Celica GT lost all oil pressure

Asked by Jul 07, 2014 at 11:50 AM about the 1993 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback

I have a 93 Toyota Celica GT I pulled it in the garage to chance the oil and filter which I did successfully when I started it back up to let the filter fill up and watched for the oil pressure to come up it never didnt.  I dont remember looking at the oil pressure gauge as I was pulling it in.  But I know the last time I drove it it had oil pressure.  What the oil pump go out just like that or am I missing something?

115

I wouldn't think the oil pump went out, I would be checking the pressure switch. start the engine and remove the oil filler cap and see if oil is splashing around, if so it's the oil pressure sending unit, not sure on that engine but you might tap the side of it and see if it starts reading again.

You can see oil splashing around when you take the cap off. It have and after market oil pressure gauge I took the line off right at the head and no oil comes out at an idle give it a little gas then some oil will flow out a little but no pressure there I even hooked it up to a snap on pressure test gauge and no oil pressure. Im Lost lol

115

If oil is getting to the cylinder heads( where u c it splashing) u have pressure, your problem is the gauge sending unit or something in the lines