1993 Toyota Celica GT lost all oil pressure

Asked by Jul 07, 2014 at 11:50 AM about the 1993 Toyota Celica GT Hatchback

I have a 93 Toyota Celica GT I pulled it in the garage to chance the oil and filter which I did successfully when I started it back up to let the filter fill up and watched for the oil pressure to come up it never didnt.  I dont remember looking at the oil pressure gauge as I was pulling it in.  But I know the last time I drove it it had oil pressure.  What the oil pump go out just like that or am I missing something?

125

I wouldn't think the oil pump went out, I would be checking the pressure switch. start the engine and remove the oil filler cap and see if oil is splashing around, if so it's the oil pressure sending unit, not sure on that engine but you might tap the side of it and see if it starts reading again.

You can see oil splashing around when you take the cap off. It have and after market oil pressure gauge I took the line off right at the head and no oil comes out at an idle give it a little gas then some oil will flow out a little but no pressure there I even hooked it up to a snap on pressure test gauge and no oil pressure. Im Lost lol

125

If oil is getting to the cylinder heads( where u c it splashing) u have pressure, your problem is the gauge sending unit or something in the lines

No pressure on dash gauge, if its hydraulic gauge could be a airlock....if moderner electric gauge....use a multi meter avo to check electric is reaching the oil sender wire end connection on the sender. If not are your other gauges working? Could be a fuse. Are you using a thinner oil? Is it a standard OEM manufactured oil pressed gauge? Always fill oil filter a bit if you can before fitting, put old cook tray or modern allumin cook throw away tray underneath too catch drips when you fit. As others said if oil mist with oil filler removed, then oils being fed by the pump...how long since last...oil change? Could be partial blockage on the oil pressure port where the oil press sender screws into side of engine block. Run engine oil flush additive....in your oil add that additive, then drain oil ..after 50 miles, ...I know cost of new oil but...... Oil flush sure does remove sludge and carbon build ups in the oil system.

Could be a scored, stuck oil pressure relief valve ( seen these before on older engines scored or partial jammed.).