I have a 1997 cutlass Oldsmobile it over heats due to the fans not kicking on can I bypass the coolant temp.sensor to get my fans working and be safe for the car

Asked by Dec 10, 2014 at 01:05 PM about the 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 4 Dr SL Sedan

Does it still overheat at highway speed, 50+ mph? If so it's not the fans. There is plenty of air-flow the fans are not needed. And do you know for fact that the temp sensor is bad? You have hooked up a known hot wire they run? Even then it's just as much or more work to just replace the sender than by-pass it, you will have to install a switch somewhere, or have them run all the time.

Best Answer Mark helpful

Yes it over heats before hitting the highway I've replaced the water pump the thermostat.engine coolant temperature sensor all the relays but the fans will not kick on

I've un plugged the temp sensor and snipped the green wire on the temp sensor fans kicked on

Not to mention the brand new radiator