Where's the bolt on the pulley system to change the serpentine belt on a 1990 town car

Asked by Mar 07, 2014 at 05:21 PM about the 1990 Lincoln Town Car Signature

I have a manual I read it I over and over, I listened. The two bolts and tried to pry up the
pulley system to change the belts . I repeated these steps over and over. Then a
neighbor said I wasn't doing it right is I loosened the ones he told me too. It still didn't
budge. I tightened everything up . Scraped a little grease off while I was in there. Now
when I start the car it sounds like I'm killing a cat.   Can you help me anyone please

You need to loosen the belt tensioner, the wrench goes over the bolt and rotates the pulley, taking the tension off the belt so you can remove the belt.