My 2000 Lexus ES 300 has a hesitation on acceleration

Asked by Aug 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM about the 2000 Lexus ES 300 FWD

What can be causing the hesitation on acceleration?  I just replaced the plugs and had a new timing belt
and water pump installed at 100,000 miles.  It was doing this prior to these changes.

Did they clean the throttle body?

They didn't clean the throttle body. Do you think that could be a cause of the hesitation? If I clean it while on the car would that be enough to help resolve the hesitation in your opinion? I'll do that this afternoon and send you the results. Thanks for the suggestion.

Tom, I just finished cleaning the throttle body. I had to spray the cleaner thru the access ay the air filter as the car wouldn't run by disconnecting the two air entry tubes at the throttle body, After spraying about half a can thru there, it appeared to run better without as much of a hesitation. I am going to put some sea foam cleaner in the tank and see if that further improves the issue. Thanks for your suggestion. It seems to have helped.

Glad it worked.

Could it be the tranny?

no. i had two of these types of cars and they both did the same thing.pretty soon your check engine light is going to turn on and ur trac at the same time. Then ur fucked.Seriously!then your going to replace all these parts that mechanics will tell u will help, ALL for nothing!Code after code u will fix and spend a lot if money.I did a lot of research on this issue with these cars. google it ur self and u will see that no one has found the answer for this problem and a lot of people have this issue with the year 99 and up.JUST get rid of it.Sorry!

My 2000 lexus es 300 prble mph no ok work

I had the engine check light on & Trac light at the same time. Lots of money spent replacing stuff. With the help of the Lexus Service manager and his top Tech, but no help. Sold my car to the manager of Auto Hobby shop at a nearby military base with knowledge of my car and the problem. It took him and staff 3 months to sort out the problem. I'd read many posts and recommendations for solutions. Changing the canister ($500.00) solved the mystery! It was the canister that all the vacuum lines are connected to back by the fuel tank! I never would have found the problem. 10/11/16.

My 02 es 300 revs high before the klutch catches for some reason. Happens on occasion when my foot is heavy