Buying 2000 Lexus ES300?

Asked by Jul 03, 2011 at 09:32 PM about the 2000 Lexus ES 300 FWD

I am in the verge of buying 2000 Lexus ES300 (143K Miles) for $7500 (on the road,
with taxes and everything) from a dealer. I am not into cars that much so dont
know much about this deal. Here is the link of the carfax of the car:

And here is the link of the car:

Please let me know if this is a fair deal or not? KBB value of this car is $7600 +
Taxes n Stuff.

Thank you in advance!!!

PS: The car was owned by Lexus Dealer employee and is in VERY GOOD condition.
The only thing is that this car has been sitting in the dealer parking lot for a
month. So when I test drove it, it did not start. By applying battery jumper it started
and I drove for about 5-10 miles. Then I again tried to start it but it failed again.
Dealer said it has a bad battery. Dont know if this is a sham or what???

neither of the links work. rule of thumb, if something doesnt work on the lot have it checked out by your personal mechanic. it could have a bad alternator but it could just be a bad battery like they said. request that they replace the battery for free before you purchase the vehicle, but even at that the alternator could still be bad and there would be a slow power drain on the vehicle.

If it has been sitting for a month, the slight drain from all the electronics may have killed the battery. Ask the dealer to put it on a charger and then conduct a battery test to determine if it really is bad or just needed to be charged. Modern alternators are not designed to recharge really dead batteries. You need to put it on a charger.

I'm about to buy a 2001 ES300. Had the same type of experience while test driving. Was it just the battery?

I own same year and make and we have determined they eat batteries, I personally think for the mileage that is pretty speedy - I would shop around. On the flip side I love mine and it is still a great running car, never have had any major problems.

That is too much. If your interested in a Lexus I have an ES 300 I would sell you for 4,500 clean all maintenance records no accidents 2 owner, new tires, altenaror, battery, starter, belts, timing belt, and full tune up