how do i replace my stereo system

25

Asked by Apr 17, 2008 at 01:24 PM about the 1993 Lexus ES 300 Base

i want to replace stereo with a sony deck howdo i get the stock one off/out...also will the new one be compatible with the disc changer in the trunk?

42,105

I would contact a local car audio shop, many will install for free with purchase of the unit.

10

There are some places that will custom make you kit that will fit to your specifics. I have a 99 Es 300 and had the hardest time getting a bracket and people wanted to charge extreme to do a custom kit for me...so I basically did one myself...with a protracter, ruler and enginuity, I carved the exact design of the opening of the block face unit on a 3/4 inch wood board...I went over the piece of wood with matte finish spray paint...let it dry...put a coat of schlack over that and then back again with matte finish spray paint....I get a lot of compliments on my system...I have a ALPINE head unit that mounts as if factory...my stereo system is nice...4 INFINITY 6 1/2 in the doors( 500 watt PUNCH amp on them) 4 LANZAR tweeters( 150 watts PUNCH amp on them) and 2 PUNCH HE2 12" subs(PUNCH 500 on them). Depending on what Lexus you have I have made a template of my design and will share with you if like...email me and i will send pictures of my work,,,I can be reache at sectorscorp@aol.com...my name is Larry, and i'm in the Dallas area..good luck to you in your endeavors..

425

Take a look at my photos. I found this on ebay, and painted everything to match.