What is wrong with 96grand Cherokee larado

Asked by Jan 17, 2014 at 02:24 AM about the 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD

Try's to die at reds and stop signs. Idles in driveway like others I have read here about
fine 1sec..then down to 300or400rpm. Ok here's sum what the short story.its my dad's
96grnd Cherokee larado 4 wd. Been 1 D...  Good vehicle until rand a year ago. Got abt
278,000 miles. Bought brand new.  Started wanting to die at reds and stop signs idles up
and down just like everyone story. Has had crank sens. PCM rebuilt((Not New)) all new
Distubuter ..(( old dist. Was wore plum out shaft and all)). New wires n plugs. Batt...
N.Cables.. All kinds of sensors under hood.screws on PCM changed. Fuel filters,,gas
cap,, Well I guess all gets the situation now..Oohh yes also probably 1to2years b4 all
this.. When you get out of it on driver or pass. Side if your bare arm hit the metal prt of
door it shock the piss out of you almost like a electric fence would not as bad but u
KNEW it.. About forgot the driver side would also not lock with remote but all others
would Does that sound like a BCM problem???..Mechanics have said it's this then a few
days or week later.Their computer shows it's this and so on and so on.Anymore sounds
like your only as good as your COMPUTER as SMART as your phone!!!! HAHAHA
.We'll I've typed all this and I'm saying nothing most of everyone hasn't dealt with
LOLOLOL.. This is first time I have heard of ASD and IAT sensors..With looking them up
and reading what they do..Sounds like a good try.. Also auto zone code thing keeps
showing up O2 sensor even with new one. Someone said try something called see foam
they say it helps whatever it is???? If anybody or we found the MYSTERY problem out..
Pass the word along it would be very appreciated . And we will to ..Hope next time back
ibe good news.. Thanks for reading and all the help....1morething...((( How far does
anyone think it would take to drive to find a working phone booth????))) Wife and I was
wondering today on our road trip we took.she says that's like a dinosaur

116,525

Sounds like your idle air control valve is either dirty or faulty and or the throttle plate needs cleaning. Turn you a/c on. Does it idle up? Turn steering wheel hard to the left. Does it idle up? If not it's probably the idle air control valve. Phone booth? Would hate to know I needed one. Might take you a full tank of gas to find one around here. Lol

Thanks for info I call daddy and tell him that.i dont think no one has checked that out