ran my 1992 ford tempo out of gas...put gas in it but it wont start now

Asked by Jan 28, 2013 at 06:53 PM about the 1992 Ford Tempo 4 Dr GL Sedan

210,865

You probably sucked up all the dirt off the bottom of the gas tank into your lines. Try replacing your fuel filter first. If that doesn't work your looking at having the fuel lines/injectors possible removed to clean them up. You could have also burned out the fuel pump. The fuel pump is designed to sit in a certain amount of fuel so it keeps it cool, thats why you should never run it dry and or past a quarter tank. Have the car towed to a competent mechanic to diagnose it for you if your not mechanically inclined.