My 2003 chevy monte carlo won't start. The mechanic just changed the radiator today and said it was good to go, It overheated again and now it doesn't turn on. Please help

Asked by Mar 19, 2014 at 10:37 PM about the 2003 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS

31,205

Oh boy. This does sound good. Is it possible that the engine over heated so much that it froze up? I hope not. Oh and be sure to never ever open the radiator when the engine is hot!

Thank you. Can you please let me know a little more. What happens when the engine freezes.

31,205

The engine gets so hot it melts inside. The parts frezee together and it will not start. Did you drive it for a long time before it stopped running? What did you have replaced by the mechanic ? FYI never ever open the radiator when the engine is hot!!!! After it cools down check and see if there is any coolent in the radiator. Have you checked the oil level? Keep me informed as to what you find out.

The arrow kept going up and down from the middle to a little bit hoter than 3 quaters for a while. Then it got to the red part and I drove it about 5 to 10 minutes after that. I parked and let it cool down rreally good and I opened it it seemed as if thrre was no coolent inside. When I tried to turn it back on it started to make a sound like if the starter was having problems. The mechanic replaced the radiator and a hose that goes to the radiator.

31,205

Oh boy. That's not good news. Was there any pinging and or shaking AFTER you shut it off? Frankly running it in the red zone wasn't a good idea. But if you were in a place where you couldn't pull over safely then there's nothing you can do about it. Better to be safe then sorry. Anyway, from what your saying I think the motor is toast. Can you get the mechanic that did the work to look at it and see what's what. I feel he has a certain amount of responsibility in this mess. After all he gave you the green light. Again keep me informed. I feel badly for you.

19,615

You call this guy a "mechanic" but I'm afraid that's a misnomer- did he have a big red nose and long floppy shoes? We call that a "Clown"- good luck with all that-

Thank you guys I'll keep you informed. I'm just going to get a mechanic that I know come and see it, I just don't want to end up fighting with the other clown like mentioned.

Thank you guys I'll keep you informed. I'm just going to get a mechanic that I trust come and see it, I just don't want to end up fighting with the other clown like mentioned. I just went with any mechanic that was close by and now I see the results.

31,205

Any updates yet?