Why does my 1998 Trans Am ws6 start, run for about 3 seconds and stall?

Asked by Aug 27, 2015 at 01:19 PM

I have 98 Pont.TA WS6. Mods: 2001 LS1 motor/trani and PCM. Long tube headers, Volant "dual cone filter" cold air intake, LS3 intake manifold, F.A.S.T throttle body. Stall converter, 3" x pipe SLP exhaust, Rocky Mt VATS bypass. Started to run like crap, stalled, sputtered, ran very slow just horrible! Then next day started up ran like a raped ape! That night, raced new 5.0 Stang and absolutely obliterated it! If I had slicks front wheels would have come off ground! Then the next morning ran like crap again. Now it starts and and stalls in 3 seconds. WTF!? Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

92,695

Check the codes, fuel pressure and flow, quality of the fuel maybe in questionable. You could try resetting the computer but get the codes first so you have someplace to start if it doesn't work.