2000 Grand Prix GT 3.8

Asked by Feb 04, 2016 at 12:05 AM

I have a squealing noise right when I start my car get loud then goes away.. When I drive it and let off the gas it squeals a little more... What could it be?? I know its not a belt.. Its coming from the drivers side near the trans or throttle body area

71,725

Check the air filter box and make sure it's fastened correctly. It may not be and sucking air from the side of the box. Also remove and inspect the large rubber air intake hose for damage. It may have a split and causing a whistle or squeal. Lastly inspect the vacuum lines. Be sure none are disconnected or damaged. There's a vacuum hose "harness" in that area near the throttle body. HTH. - Jim