I have 1997 Buick LeSabre I was driving and hit speed bump suddenly my car wouldn't move the engine was running but as I pressed on gas pedel it went nowhere we checked linkage no problem help!

Asked by Apr 16, 2015 at 04:37 PM

We think it needs new transmission

97,025

It seem strange that a speed bump would do that, do you hit it really hard? If so you may have broke something like a C/V joint, or maybe the axle slipped out of the spider gears, or maybe knocked the pickup screen loose in the tranny pan, usually these trannies give you a little but of a problem before they go bad. Look around underneath the vehicle, look closely at the axles and where they hook up.