are there any passenger cars now being sold that have manual shift between 2WD and 4WD? I had a Toyota Tercel for years that did this. But it seems now that the only choice to get 4WD is to have All Wheel Drive. Personally I am tired of the crummy gas mileage, the extra expense for replacing tires (and increased tread wear) as well as expensive transmission repairs for the AWD couplings. Ninety-four percent of the time I don't need AWD; I just want 4WD to be instantly available from within the passenger compartment when I d....

Asked by Mar 13, 2014 at 08:13 PM

are there any passenger cars now being sold that have manual shift between 2WD and 4WD?  I had a Toyota Tercel for years that did this.  But it seems now that the only choice to get 4WD is to have All Wheel Drive.  Personally I am tired of the crummy gas mileage, the extra expense for replacing tires (and increased tread wear) as well as expensive transmission repairs for the AWD couplings.  Ninety-four percent of the time I don't need AWD; I just want 4WD to be instantly available from within the passenger compartment when I do...

237,225

None comes to mind, let me think about it. Would you consider a Jeep Wrangler?