I have a 2003 Royal blue mitsubishi outlander that has a blown head gasket, its sitting in my garage, I was quoted 700-1600 to fix it. I just want to sell it AS IS... how much can I get for it? The car has no dents, looks great on the inside and outside. just not running.

Asked by Jan 14, 2014 at 07:32 PM

See question

In my opinion only. A car in none running condition will be hard to sell. You didn't say which model you have or how many miles, so I used this model for private party pricing...2003 Mitsubishi Outlander-I4-AWD Utility 4D LS AWD w/100K is worth around $5K depending on where you live. I'd minus the 1600 to fix the head gasket and another $100 for the tow. So you'd be looking at getting around $3300. Buuutttt, because it's not running, the buyer won't be able to test drive the car, so will most probably offer you much less due to the fact the vehicle is an unknown. So maybe you would get a $2500 offer , if you find that right buyer? You'd be better of fixing it, and selling or continue to drive it another year or two. Good Luck on your decision.