I have a 1988 olds ninety eight... Is there an easy way to adjust the speedometer???

Asked by Jul 03, 2012 at 06:25 AM about the 1988 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight

I just got a set of tires that are different in size than the ones that came on the car when i bought it.  what i had on there were 205's and the ones that i put on there are 175's.   i been looking on line and was thinking about purchasing an Electronic Ratio Adapter!   can that even be used on this particular vehicle or is counting teeth and changing the ring on the speedometer cable the only way to do this please help me

I'm sure in your 1988 your not going to use an Electronic Adapater, and will need to swap out the Speedo Gear. Why not run the stock size tires and avoid all the hassle?